Nearly everyone has had a stomach ache at one point or the other. Stomach pain can be intermittent or persistent, it can come and go or show up only after consuming food. Stomach ache can be dull, crampy, or sharp.
• Abdominal pain is the main symptom of stomach ache.
• You may experience diarrhea, constipation, and notice blood in stool.
• Cough, dizziness, hip pain, bloating, and headaches are also signs of stomach pain.
• Pelvic pain, urinary problems, visionary problems are also indications of stomach ache.
• There are number of other symptoms associated with stomach ache, such as vomiting, loss of appetite, fever, unexplained loss of weight, etc.
• Indigestion and stomach virus are the two most common causes of stomach ache.
• Menstruation may cause stomach pain for some women.
• Food poisoning or food allergies also lead to stomach ache.
• Medical conditions such as ulcers, hernia, pelvic inflammatory disease, irritable bowel syndrome, appendicitis, endometriosis, etc., cause stomach ache.
Home Remedies To Cure Stomach Ache
- Antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties of ginger promote digestion and help reduce stomach ache. In addition, ginger decreases the production of free radicals and thus helps neutralize stomach acids.
- Cut a ginger root into slices and add it to a cup of water. Boil it for 3-4 minutes and then simmer for another 3-4 minutes.
- Strain it and add little honey. Drink this 3-4 times daily to improve digestion and ease stomach ache.
- Fennel seeds are a great remedy for stomach ache caused due to indigestion. Fennel seeds have anti-microbial, pain reducing, diuretic, and carminative properties.
- Mix one teaspoon of fennel seed powder to a cup of water and boil it for 7-8 minutes. Allow it to cool and strain it. Add little honey and drink it.
- Asefetida, also known as hing, is helpful for treating stomach ache due to its antispasmodic and antiflatulent properties.
- Add a pinch of asefetida to a glass of water and drink it. Repeat 3-4 times a day.
- Alternatively, add a pinch of asefetida and salt to a glass of buttermilk and drink it 1-2 times a day.
Lemon and Baking soda
- Baking soda and lemon are very helpful if you've stomach ache due to infection. Baking soda relieves bloating and lemon removes free radicals from the body.
- Squeeze a fresh lemon and add its juice, one teaspoon of baking soda and 1/4th teaspoon of salt to a cup of warm water. Drink this solution quickly. Repeat 3-4 times a day.