Yeast infection can occur in any part of the body. In essence it is a fungal infection that comes out when a person is sick or is taking antibiotics. Fungus is present in our body at all times and it is the immune system that fights off yeast and keep infections away. Sometimes when the body is weak due to illnesses the immune system is unable to fight the yeast and the infection appears.
- Vaginal rash
- Watery discharge from the vagina
- Irritation and itching in the vagina and the tissues in the vaginal wall
- Burning sensation caused during urinating or intercourse.
- Antibiotics and those especially which are a heavy dosage are a major reason a yeast infection to happen in the body.
- A weak immune system is a breeding ground for yeast infection. Usually a strong system fights off fungus and other bacteria but when it is not so strong the infection occurs.
- An overweight body is one of the causes for yeast infection.
- Diseases such as diabetes are another reason and hence it is important to keep blood sugar in control.
- High level of hormones such as estrogen which usually occur during pregnancy, taking birth control pills, hormone therapy and so on is a root cause for infections to happen.
Home remedies for yeast infection
The properties present in coconut oil are excellent and effective anti-fungal properties that remove the fungus causing the infection. There are various ways to use this oil: -
- Apply it directly on the affected area
- For oral use, swirl it in the mouth for around five to ten minutes and gargle.
- Mix equal parts of coconut oil and cinnamon oil and apply to the infected area.
- This is another remedy that shows excellent results.
- Make a paste of a few garlic cloves and apply to the affected area. If you feel it is too strong for you, mix it with coconut oil and vitamin E oil.
- Another way is to consume garlic cloves or a garlic tablets.
Dilute a small amount of boric acid with water and apply on the skin, which is affected fir a few minutes. Rinse it off thoroughly and repeat for two weeks to see results.
Apple cider vinegar
- Apple cider vinegar is a healer for a lot of problems.
- Mixing two tablespoons with a cup of warm water and drinking it cures the infection. This solution can also be applied to the area where the infection has occurred.
- You can even add it to a hot bath. It soothes the itching.