Sore throat refers to scratchiness, pain, or irritation of the throat. Throat pain makes it hard to swallow food and liquids.
• Painful or a dry throat is one of the main symptoms of sore throat. Often this pain is accompanied by itchiness and irritation.
• Difficult to swallow or talk due to pain.
• Swollen glands in your jaw or neck.
• You may notice white patches on the tonsils.
• Hoarseness is also a sign of sore throat.
• You may also experience fever, cough, sneezing, running nose, body aches, or headache before you get sore throat.
• A number of bacterial infections, or Viral infections such as common cold, flu, mononucleosis, chickenpox, etc., cause sore throat.
• Allergies and irritants can contribute to sore throat.
• Dry indoor air can make your throat feel itchy and rough and can cause sore throat.
• Muscle strain, caused by screaming or talking loudly leads to sore throat.
• Severe medical conditions such as HIV infection or cancerous tumors in the throat can cause a sore throat.
Home Remedies To Cure Sore Throat
• Lemon helps remove mucus and thus relieves sore throat.
• Squeeze half a lemon to get the juice and add one teaspoon of honey to it. Add this mixture to a cup of hot water and sip it slowly.
• Alternatively, you can lick half a lemon sprinkled with little pepper over it.
Apple cider vinegar
• Antibacterial properties of apple cider vinegar helps treat sore throat.
• Add one teaspoon each of lemon juice and honey and one tablespoon of unfiltered, raw apple cider vinegar to a cup of warm water. Drink it 2-3 times daily.
• You can also gargle with apple cider vinegar solution; add one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and one teaspoon of salt to a cup of warm water and gargle with it several times a day.
• Cinnamon is an excellent remedy for sore throat caused due to common cold.
• Mix one teaspoon each of cinnamon powder and black pepper with a glass of warm water. Strain this mixture and gargle with it several times a day.
• Alternatively, consume the mixture of one teaspoon of honey and few drops of cinnamon oil twice daily.
• Antibacterial and antiseptic properties of garlic helps treat as well as prevent sore throat.
• Consume 2-3 raw garlic cloves daily.
• Alternatively, add 4-5 drops of garlic oil to 1/4th cup of water and gargle with it 1-2 times daily.