Low sperm motility is often attributed to factors like genes, lifestyle, food habits, etc. It has been seen that some men have lower motility rate not because of lower sperm count but simply because the quality of sperm or its ability to attach to the fallopian tube is not really good. In this reference, here is a list of home remedies combined on the basis of food changes, activity, sexual life, etc.
First and foremost, you need to alter your diet to a great extent. So even though you may continue to have most foods that you usually do, the focus is to shift to eating ingredients that are known for boosting sperm motility. These include-
- Eat a mix of nuts and raisins everyday. You can mix together walnuts, pistachio, cashew nuts, raisins, etc. and have them as a muesli on their own. Doing so is known to boost your sperm count along with enhancing motility.
- Mango, bananas and garlic should eaten everyday because they are beneficial in enhancing sperm count along with motility. Banana in particular is a crucial ingredient here that helps in increasing sperm motility with high content of sulfur and iron.
- Another home remedy for sperm motility is roasted black gram dal and then boiling the same in some milk. You should add some sugar, raisins and cardamom to the same. Then make it into porridge like consistency and consume it. Doing so helps in boosting your overall sperm health. Ideally, you can also increase quantities of Bengal gram dal in your diet.
- Date are another ingredient that are known for boosting sperm motility. For this remedy, you can mix together some Bengal gram flour with milk dates and sugar and have it everyday. You can also consume dates in dry forms with milk and honey.
- Munch more on iron-rich snacks and fruits like carrots, broccoli, spinach, etc. to boost sperm count.
Wear Cotton, Natural or Organic Fibres
It has been seen that a lot of artificial fabrics like polyester are known for overheating your testicles. This in turn is known for affecting your overall sperm motility rate. What you can do here is try to wear more of natural and cotton rich clothing that keeps the area cool. You can wipe the area with wet tissues and wash more often with cold water to prevent overheating, which is a major cause of low sperm motility.
Along with a change in your diet, it is time to make a switch to healthier lifestyle habits. The first thing that you should do here is quit smoking and alcohol. Both of these factors are highly attributed to lowering your sperm count along with affecting your motility rates. In particular, it has been seen that people who smoke and drink have poorer motility rates as compared to those who don’t.
Meditation, Yoga and Exercise
Try to lower your stress and anxiety levels by doing yoga, exercises and meditation at home. It has been seen that stress and anxiety are the disastrous combination affecting healthy motility rates. Exercising and yoga are known for releasing happy hormones into the system, which again fight such problems. Also, they work to reduce obesity levels, which are a primary cause of low sperm motility. Try do exercise and do yoga for about 30 minutes a day to get beneficial results. You can also practice meditation whenever you get time because it helps in relaxing your entire body - while getting rid of high levels of stress and anxiety, thus improving overall sperm motility rates and boosts sperm count too.
low sperm motility -newkiidscenter