Given Diabetes is a condition that is rarely irreversible, there are some foods that help to reverse the ill effects and regain normal sugar levels. But, these foods do not work the same way on people with prolonged Diabetes or have severely high sugar levels, as against people with ideal Diabetic sugar levels and recently diagnosed with Diabetes. The normal range for recent diagnosis of Diabetes is 6-9 months and the ideal sugar levels are 80-130 mg/dl.
Below are the foods and their benefits:
Unlike other fruits which are strongly not suggested for any Diabetic patient, Apples have been proven good for diabetes. Below are the reasons why
- It has got low glycemic index, which means it doesn't shoot up the insulin levels like other fruits
- They contain Sorbitol, which induces and enhances insulin secretion, thus getting the body the deprived insulin due to diabetes. The levels although wouldn't match the natural secretion, but prolonged consumption definitely helps.
- The peel of apples contains Quercetin, which is a component reducing risk of developing Type 2 diabetes.
- Consuming one apple per day is suggested
With the various research progressing in Ayurveda and Unani, Pomegranate has been identified as yet another fruit which helps reverse the adversities of Diabetes.
- The antioxidants present in it help regulate the blood sugar levels effectively
- Consuming the juice helps reduce the insulin resistance and sugar levels
- Some the compounds present in the fruit are anti-diabetic in nature.
- Consumption of the juice, 1 glass per day or one medium sized bowl of the seeds is effective
- The yellow spice has more than just adding flavour to the food
- Turmeric has the ability to reduce blood glucose levels and consistent consumption of the same can reverse diabetes.
- Loaded with antioxidants, vinegar acts by balancing the blood sugar levels according to the needs of the body.
- Add 2 tsp of Vinegar to a glass of water and drink it empty stomach every morning.
- You could also add 2 tsp of Vinegar to salads and have a healthy feast.