It is important to know that white discharge is a normal condition when it does not have any odour or when there is no vaginal itching or pain. Since, it could be due to the ovulation (when egg is released into the uterus) or stress. If the colour varies from Grayish white, Rusty, Green, Yellow, or if the discharge is continuous and painful it could be due to any of the following reasons:
2. Bacterial infection
3. Steroid or antibiotic usage
4. Harsh soaps and fragrances
Since the exact reason could be diagnosed only by the doctor, it is best to visit a gynaecologist once. However below home remedies could be tried to get relief and cure:
Fenugreek seeds (Methi seeds)
Boil 2 teaspoons of Fenugreek seeds in 2 glasses of water for 15 minutes and drink this water after cooling.
Coriander seeds (Dhaniya seeds)
Soak 2-3 teaspoons of Coriander seeds in 2 glasses of water overnight. Strain it and drink this water in the morning with empty stomach.
Dry Amla powder mixed in honey is an effective solution
Wash 20-30 leaves of pomegranate and grind them with 10 black peppercorns (Kaali mirch), mix one spoon of this paste in a glass of water and drink it.
2 teaspoons of dry ginger powder boiled in 250 ml of water such that it reduces to half the quantity. Consume this water for upto 2 weeks .
Tips on preventing the infections
- Keep the vagina clean by washing regularly with a gentle, mild soap and warm water. Keep the area dry after using the bathroom
- Never use scented soaps and feminine products that claim to show extra care. They inturn might cause harmful side effects.
- After going to the bathroom, always wipe from front to back to prevent bacteria from getting into the vagina and causing an infection.
- Wear 100% cotton underpants, and avoid overly tight clothing.