top button
    Connect to us
      Facebook Login
      Site Registration Why to Join

Most popular tags
    yoga diabetes healthcare meditation home remedies pregnancy yoga for health asanas fertility food yoga poses benefits type 2 infertility symptoms weight loss sugar levels causes eyes sperm
Print Preview

I suffer from type 2 Diabetes. What kind of lifestyle should I follow to minimise my risks of complications?

+1 vote
posted Jun 13, 2016 by anonymous

Share this question
Facebook Share Button Twitter Share Button Google+ Share Button LinkedIn Share Button Multiple Social Share Button

1 Answer

0 votes

Type 2 diabetes happens because your body is unable to use the insulin produced properly, which is also referred to as insulin resistance.
Here are some diet and lifestyle tips that you must follow, along with your insulin medicines to reduce risks-

Be active and exercise regularly

Throwing back your body is not the solution here. The first thing you should do is include some kind of physical activity into your routine. It can be a 30-40 minute walk in the morning, swimming or yoga session or any other similar routine. Alongside do make sure that you are active through out the day.

Diet Changes

It is time to switch over from eating meals at prolonged breaks and overstuff yourself. Rather, start eating small meals, which should be divided into 6 portions through the day. Also, your intake of starchy foods, oily and saturated foods along with sweet dish and drink intake needs to be minimised . Beyond this have fibre rich and low sugar based foods including lean meats, fish, fruits and veggies.

Lifestyle

Make it a habit to get 8 hours of sleep a day. Avoid taking too much of stress and cut out alcohol and smoking from your routine. Doing so will help you in minimising the damage and risks associated with Type2 diabetes. Another aspect to keep in mind is also monitoring your sugar levels on a daily basis. It is just a precautionary measure to ensure that things are on the right track. Also you should make it a practice to note down or keep a diary of the same so that if there are complications, you have a chart to refer to.

With these little changes you will be able to control your blood sugar levels and lead a close to normal life in the long run.

answer Jun 13, 2016 by Daisy
Similar Questions
0 votes

I'm almost 30 and I am in decent shape. I eat healthy and work out, but I recently was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. Now I have noticed changes in my vision, sometimes varying by day or by week.
I currently use light reading glasses while on my computer. I have noticed blurriness at different light levels and distances. What bothers me is that one day I may see fine, and the next day I don't. Can diabetes cause this? 

My eye doctor said he couldn't do anything for me until after I control my blood sugar level and keep it at a specific level for extended periods of time. Why do blood sugar levels affect the eyes and vision this way? Thank you in advance for your input and advice

We don't provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See additional information.