top button
    Connect to us
      Facebook Login
      Site Registration Why to Join

Most popular tags
    yoga meditation yoga for health healthcare diabetes benefits pregnancy yoga poses home remedies human body weight loss asanas food surya namaskar mindfulness fertility health ayurveda infertility type 2

What does Meditating feel like?

+2 votes
posted Sep 17 by M.s.prathiksha

Share this question
Facebook Share Button Twitter Share Button Google+ Share Button LinkedIn Share Button Multiple Social Share Button

1 Answer

0 votes

Meditation is not about relaxation. That may be the result but that is not the goal. My best attempt to answer what meditation feels like for me is depicted in the above photo.  That's me on my 27th birthday hiking the Santa Monica mountains. I have been both blessed and cursed by a mind that runs a million miles a minute. Josh calls it my monkey mind- like its on a trampoline and can bounce from one random thought to a completely different random thought in the quick bounce of a monkey... or something like that. I think a lot, get tons of ideas all the time, and then want to execute them yesterday. You know that  problem of procrastination, I have the extreme opposite challenge.

Meditation shifts my mind away from its usual feeling of drowning in ideas. It allows my mind and I to take a deep breath and be still, allowing for space, oodles and oodles of space. This space allows for stresses, that we all like to keep in our special place (tummy, back, shoulders, hips...) to bubble up to the surface and then dissipate out, allowing space for no thought (which is like a cool breeze on a stifling day- true bliss) and also for brand new thoughts.  Every time I meditate, it all opens up a little more, the stresses untangle themselves a little more, and as a result in my normal state, I become increasingly open and calm.

answer Sep 18 by Akshay Kumar.v