Shifting your perspective to mindfulness can increase your chances of success by removing your focus from negativity and putting it on what’s most meaningful to you, like your goals. Some principles of mindfulness include:
- Focusing on the present moment and allowing yourself to fully experience it.
- Accepting where you currently are, even if it is not what you had planned.
- Separating your “ego” self from your thoughts by letting thoughts and feelings come and go without judgement.
- Clarifying your core values and focusing on what means most to you.
- Setting clear, attainable, and meaningful goals and taking small action steps toward achieving them.