top button
    Connect to us
      Facebook Login
      Site Registration Why to Join

Most popular tags
    yoga meditation yoga for health healthcare diabetes home remedies benefits pregnancy yoga poses human body asanas food weight loss fertility mindfulness surya namaskar health infertility type 2 ayurveda

I have recently experienced excruciating pain only in my left knee in Lotus. What should I do?

+1 vote
posted May 30 by Nithin Kumar

Share this question
Facebook Share Button Twitter Share Button Google+ Share Button LinkedIn Share Button Multiple Social Share Button

1 Answer

0 votes

If you have pain on the outside of your knee, you’re in a club of your own. When I meet people who have pain here, I often find (there are exceptions) that rotation internally of both tibia and femur results in a decrease in their pain (the opposite of what to do if pain is on the inside). Upon further questioning, many of these people are or were runners or cyclists. My hypothesis at the moment is that a tight Iliotibial band (ITB) is the culprit (I’m sure there are exceptions). The ITB seems to be placing some type of rotational force on the knee that is causing pain. I assume it’s rotational in nature because when I rotate the femur and tibia internally, the pain is reduced or goes away.

answer May 31 by Syed Zubair