There are different kinds of treatments available for endometriosis, which include both natural and therapeutic treatments. These days, hormonal therapy has emerged as a viable solution for dealing with the issue. However, the effectiveness of the therapy differs from individual to individual because this is a problem that is really not completely curable.
Hormone medicines works simply by turning off the ovaries for a while and in turn there is no ovulation or making of eggs. Since you don’t ovulate, periods are not only delayed but become irregular. Endometriosis is known for causing pain during periods, but with periods stopping the pain is gone too.
Combined with other hormones like estrogen and progestin, the goal of any hormonal treatment during process is to reduce pain via preventing ovulations. It can be taken via the vaginal ring, which is like a really thin and flexible rubber that can be fit inside the vagina. It has a combination of hormones that gets into action. You benefit by-
- Reduction in pain caused because of endometriosis
- Reduced periods, which means reduced pains
- No oral consumption of pills everyday, thanks to the ring procedure
- In some cases you will have limited bleeding with the ring, which means less of pain.
However there are some side effects involved-
- There are many women who experience higher or heavier bleeding. The spotting may also continue for a longer period.
- Lot of other changes are experienced like mood swings, cramps, weight gain, tenderness in breast, etc.
- Risks of hormones releasing higher doses into the body exists. In such cases, you are at a risk of strokes and other illnesses too.
- Skin irritation and rashes may occur along with risk of infection in the vaginal area.
- Some women many not experience any kind of relief from their endometriosis pain.