top button
    Connect to us
      Facebook Login
      Site Registration Why to Join

Most popular tags
    yoga meditation healthcare diabetes home remedies pregnancy yoga for health benefits asanas yoga poses fertility food type 2 infertility weight loss symptoms health sugar levels causes eyes
Print Preview

What to do when brilliant thoughts and insights come during meditation?

+1 vote
posted Aug 22 by Archana.s

Share this question
Facebook Share Button Twitter Share Button Google+ Share Button LinkedIn Share Button Multiple Social Share Button

1 Answer

0 votes

Meditation helps clear the mind. So it is natural that creativity will flow better. Many meditators know that they have their best ideas or insights when they are meditating. I also feel the same.

You don’t want to interrupt the meditation, but also don’t want to lose the insight. So, what to do?

It’s not a good idea to “keep thinking it” in fear that you will forget. On the other hand, I wouldn’t necessarily advise interrupting the practice and taking note of it (although it’s better than to keep thinking about it).

What I nowadays do and works for me is to repeat that thought once inside my mind, strongly, with the intention of not forgetting it. I do that and then leave it aside. After finishing meditation, I then think “what was that thought again?”, and it usually comes back. You might need a bit of training to do this, but it’s definitely possible. And it will make your mind stronger.

answer Aug 23 by Nikitha C.n