top button
    Connect to us
      Facebook Login
      Site Registration Why to Join

Most popular tags
    yoga meditation yoga for health healthcare diabetes home remedies benefits pregnancy yoga poses human body asanas weight loss food fertility mindfulness health surya namaskar ayurveda infertility type 2

I can’t seem to focus on the breath without trying to control it. Any tips?

+1 vote
posted Aug 16, 2018 by Ashwini

Share this question
Facebook Share Button Twitter Share Button Google+ Share Button LinkedIn Share Button Multiple Social Share Button

1 Answer

0 votes

In my opinion that is natural. In my experience it automagically improves with practice. I used to be very controlling of the breath but now I just somehow care less. I like to think of it as *the* breath vs. my breath -- being aware of how it's a semi-autonomous process that happens even if I'm unconscious (I am "not"?) may help. Being aware of how there's no right or wrong way to breathe and also of how there is nothing to do physically may also help a little. Moreover, if you're counting the breaths try to count at the very last beat (the moment the movement is over) as if you were only noticing it instead of creating it. For example, for me at least, the very end of the out breath has a different feel to it, as if you ran out of something and now you're empty -- *that* is the moment where I count.

answer Aug 17, 2018 by Prathibha.m