top button
    Connect to us
      Facebook Login
      Site Registration Why to Join

Most popular tags
    yoga diabetes healthcare meditation home remedies pregnancy yoga for health asanas fertility food yoga poses benefits type 2 infertility symptoms weight loss sugar levels causes eyes sperm
Print Preview

9 Reasons Why Yoga During Pregnancy Is An Awesome Thought

+1 vote

A little physical exercise during pregnancy is always good – it keeps weight in check, sugar levels in control and helps to boost circulation which is beneficial for both the mother and baby. If gym and freehand exercises are not what you enjoy, try doing yoga. If you are into yoga then continuing it during your pregnancy is a great idea, if you are not and want to get started with prenatal yoga do it under the supervision of an instructor. 

9 Reasons Why Yoga During Pregnancy Is An Awesome Thought

Physical Benefits:

1. Doing postures during pregnancy helps to keep the bone and the muscles strong. As the weight of mother increases rapidly and her muscles need to be ready and strong to handle these changes. Here are some yoga asanas that are advisable for the pregnant mother.
  2. Back pain is a very common issue seen nowadays during the pregnancy period. By doing yoga the mother-to-be can keep her spine strong and flexible so that it can easily handle the heavy weighted belly.
  3. During pregnancy, pain in the legs is very common. This happens when the muscles are tensed. Doing yoga helps relieve muscular tension.
  4. Yoga helps to keep the body active and mobilized so that she can complete her daily routine with comfort and ease.
  5. Yoga provides the strength to the body of the expecting mother to tolerate the pain of labour.

Mental Benefits:

1. ‘Meditation’ and ‘Pranayama’ help the mother-to-be keep calm during pregnancy as it relieves tension and stress from the mind, bringing strong consciousness power to it. 
  2. Yoga helps keep negativity away from the expecting mother and creates a positive aura around her so that the child is impacted by the positivity which in turn helps in the brain development of the fetus.
  3. During pregnancy, the women undergo a lot of hormonal changes, which affect her emotionally. Doing yoga helps with building her mental strength.
  4. It helps create an internal communication between the mother & the child, which keeps the child happy and helps the mother to have a healthy baby.

Prenatal yoga helps the mothers-to-be in numerous ways; however, before starting the practice of prenatal and postnatal yoga, proper guidance should be taken from a certified yoga teacher.

posted Jun 8 by Aleena Alexander

Promote This Article
Facebook Share Button Twitter Share Button Google+ Share Button LinkedIn Share Button Multiple Social Share Button

Related Articles
+1 vote

Yoga and creativity both involve expressing and exploring the body, mind, and spirit. They both rely on the mental processes of open-mindedness, awareness, concentration, and introspection. 

Yoga and creativity are both about expansion and stretch. Courage in the creative process takes us past the edge of our limitations. Beyond that edge are possibilities we reach only when we trust in our ability to expand and be unattached to the results. Breathe in a feeling of courage, breathe out and move past your perceived limits. In yoga, the breath-in lifts us, when we exhale we extend into a new territory. — Jill Badonsky

Each full, deep inhale creates more space in your body and mind. Each long, exhale moves you directly into that space. The deeper you breathe, the more open up. It’s like opening a door and walking through with each breath. The fuller your breaths the more and more doors open on up, leaving you with the space to walk on in! — Tara Stiles

Yoga is a dance between control and surrender – between pushing and letting go – and when to push and when to let go becomes part of the creative process, part of the open-ended exploration of your being. — Joel Kramer

To liberate the potential of your mind, body and soul, you must first expand your imagination. You see, things are always created twice: first in the workshop of the mind and then, and only then, in reality. I call this process ‘blueprinting’ because anything you create in your outer world began as a simple blueprint in your inner world. — Robin Sharma

Creativity arises naturally in states of stillness and presence, which can be elusive when we are distracted by daily preoccupations and scattered thoughts. This is why yoga is such a gift for the artist. When we practice awareness in asana, pranayama, and meditation, we learn to see—and let go of—the distractions of the mind. It is from this place of clear seeing that inspiration springs forth. — Karen Macklin

Yoga gets the energy body moving, and the energy body is the source of creativity. When we take new and expansive shapes with the body we are influenced to take new and expansive shapes with the mind. — Anne Cushman

Yoga’s ultimate intent is to achieve something far deeper and more meaningful than just a better body or less stress and tension. Its ultimate aim is to help you hear your soul’s call so that you can be consistently guided to make the best decisions – the ones that serve your highest state of wellbeing. In the process of doing so, you will necessarily be made more whole and act in such a way as to support the larger world of which you are apart.  — Rob Stryker

The more I meditate on the creator the more creative I am. Creativity is like an endless stream, always flowing. Thanks to yoga, every day I feel myself becoming more and more equipped to harness that creative power. — MC Yogi

Headstand is known as “The King of all poses” because of its incredibly powerful health and energetic benefits, but for me, this pose is the “King of Creativity.” Headstand is my saviour anytime I’m feeling stuck in the creative process. A block in creativity usually comes from an inability to see your reality from a different angle. Headstand instantly opens a new realm of perspective and possibility and unlocks my creativity in the most magical ways. — Justin Michael Williams

We don't provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See additional information.