Once after the IUI is done, doctors might suggest you to follow these simple steps:
1. Lie down: Studies have shown that, the chances of getting pregnant is 50% more when you lie down for 15-45 minutes post the procedure. No, it is not the gravity acting on the sperm to fall out; but lying down simply reduces the movement and disturbance caused and increases the chances of fertilization.
2. A wholesome diet: A balanced amount of proteins (including handful of nuts), vitamin supplements, measured quantities of carbs and fruits help support the process of fertilization.
3. Return to normal activity: There is a major misconception revolving around the fact that one should refrain from getting back to day to day activities after the process. Doctors however suggest that, normal activities would not cause any hindrance to the process and one can resume to the same after a few hours of the procedure.
4. Stress levels: High stress levels seem to adversely affect the process of fertilization, since sometimes it might delay ovulation or might not release enough hormones to induce ovulation. Thus, involving yourself in a hobby, a warm rejuvenating bath or a thing as simple as watching your favorite comedy sitcom can reduce the stress levels.
5. Intercourse: Another myth around the precautions to be taken during IUI is that, the couple shouldn’t be involved in the intercourse. But, doctors sometimes suggest involving in the intercourse, since it simply increases the number of sperms available for fertilization.