When people get diarrhea, their stools become very loose or more like water. This occurs very commonly in people and is not considered a serious disease. Typically, people suffer from diarrhea at least once or twice or year. Sometimes it lasts for two to three days.
Causes of Diarrhea
· A virus that hits the gut causes diarrhea. This is sometimes called the stomach or intestinal flu.
· Alcohol abuse
· Uncontrolled diabetes
· Ulcerative colitis or Crohn’s disease – These are intestinal diseases
· Foods that throws the digestive system off track
· Abuse of laxatives
· Excess medication
· Thyroid that is overactive
· Therapies that involve radiation
· Certain cancers
· Surgeries related to digestive systems
Symptoms of Diarrhea
· Urine turns darker
· Reduction in the amount of urine coming out of the body; lower number of wet diapers in children or infants
· Sudden increase in heart rate
· Confusion over small things
· Severe headache
Home Remedies for Diarrhea
Increase the intake of yoghurt
· Yoghurt contains powerful bacteria, like Bifidobacterium and lactobacillus acidophilus, that can cure diarrhea.
· It contains probiotics that reduce diarrhea from antibiotics
· The person with diarrhea should consume at least two bowls of yoghurt to get relief.
· Since these seeds contain large amounts of mucilage, they are highly recommended.
· Individuals with diarrhea should combine one teaspoon of these seeds with one tablespoon of yoghurt and chew them together.
· Also, half-teaspoon of these fenugreek seeds and cumin seeds can be roasted and combined with curd (two tablespoons) and are stirred well. This mixture should be consumed three times in a day.
Apple Cider Vinegar
· One teaspoon of this should be added to a glass containing water.
· This solution should be consumed at least one or two times in a day for relief.
· A teaspoon of flowers called chamomile and a teaspoon of peppermint leaves are soaked for 10 minutes in a vessel that contains boiling water.
· The mixture should be strained and the tea should be taken in for few times during the day.
· Green tea helps in improving the functionality of the digestive system.
· Half a teaspoon of turmeric powder should be mixed with a glass of warm water.
· The mixture should be stirred well and should be taken in immediately and quickly because the turmeric powder tends to quickly reach the bottom.
· This mixture should be taken in at least two or three times in a day.
Alternatively, one teaspoon of turmeric powder can be added to one teaspoon to one tablespoon of yoghurt or applesauce This mixture should be consumed at least two or three times in a day.