Kidney stones are the typical urinary tract disorders. Kidney stones can be formed when normal materials in your urine become too concentrated. When this occurs, the solid substance can stay in your kidney, or may eventually pass out of your body through urinary tract.
- Feeling severe pain in the back and side, below the ribs, is one of the main symptoms of kidney stone.
- Abdominal or groin pain are also often caused by kidney stone.
- You may also feel pain on urination.
- Sometimes you may experience nausea and vomiting.
- You may notice change in your urine colour (pink, red, or brown).
- Urinating more often than usual, or not able to pass urine completely.
- Foul smelling urine is also a symptom of kidney stone.
- Lack of water in the body is the main cause for kidney stones. Because, lack of water can make minerals, salts, and other substances stick together and form a stone.
- Poor diet, too much consumption of salt may also cause kidney stone.
- Some of the medications such as calcium containing antacids also contribute to kidney stones.
- Several medical conditions such as urinary tract infections, hyperparathyroidism, inflammatory bowel disease, etc., lead to kidney stones.
Home Remedies To Cure Kidney Stone
Lemon Juice and Olive Oil
- Lemon juice and olive oil mixture is an excellent remedy for treating kidney stones. Citric acid helps to prevent the stone growth and break down the calcium stones.
- Mix equal amount of lemon juice and olive oil (approximately 4-5 table spoons), drink the mixture followed by 2-3 glasses of water. Repeat this 2-3 times a day.
- Astringent properties f pomegranate helps treat kidney stones.
- Eat one whole pomegranate or drink one glass of pomegranate juice daily.
- Alternatively, grind one tablespoon of pomegranate seeds and mix it with a cup of horse gram soup. Consume this once daily.
- Watermelon is full of calcium, carbonates, and magnesium phosphates. This calcium is highly essential for maintaining health of kidneys.
- Eat several pieces of watermelon regularly. You can also drink watermelon juice daily.
- Fiber rich kidney beans can be highly useful for treating kidney stones or any other kidney problems.
- Eat kidney bean soup and salad regularly.
- Another method is, boil the kidney beans in water until the beans are soft and tender. Strain the water, allow it to cool. Drink this liquid several times a day. However, do not keep this liquid for more than 24 hours.