top button
    Connect to us
      Facebook Login
      Site Registration Why to Join

Most popular tags
    diabetes home remedies pregnancy healthcare fertility infertility type 2 symptoms causes sugar levels food eyes sperm community doc conception type 1 yoga treatment dental care menstrual
Print Preview

Why Its important to keep the BG normal during pregnancy?

+1 vote
posted Jan 20 by anonymous

Share this question
Facebook Share Button Twitter Share Button Google+ Share Button LinkedIn Share Button Multiple Social Share Button

1 Answer

0 votes

Good blood glucose control reduces the risks of complications developing for the mother and baby. The target HbA1c for mothers before and during pregnancy is 6.1% (or 43 mmol/mol).  People with diabetes before their pregnancy will be advised to keep excellent control of their blood sugar before and throughout the pregnancy. 

The first eight weeks of the pregnancy are a critical period and so it is highly recommended that strong control is achieved prior to becoming pregnant wherever possible. Mothers who develop gestational diabetes will be treated initially with diet and exercise but may be put onto oral hypoglycaemics (tablets) or insulin injections if blood sugar levels remain high.

answer Jan 23 by Pritam Singh
Similar Questions
0 votes

I am 6 weeks pregnant and have been cramping and having side pain on both sides. I can't get into my doctor until next week and I am wondering if this is normal. I am worried and scared to miscarry because this is my first pregnancy. I'm not sure what I should feel like being pregnant.

We don't provide medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See additional information.