Breast cancer starts when cells in the breast begin to grow out of control. These cells further accumulate to form a tumor that can be seen on an x-ray or felt as a lump. If the tumor grows and spreads around the surrounding tissues the tumor is called malignant tumor. Most of the cases of breast cancer are reported in women, while in the rare cases very small percentage of men also are a victim of it.
The exact and precise cause of breast cancer is not known, however, some studies relate it to - Genetics : A family history of breast cancer, obesity, alcohol consumption, radiation, etc.
- A lump in a breast is one of the primary symptoms of breast cancer
- A pain in the armpits or breast that does not seem to be related to the woman's menstrual period. Swelling in some cases.
- Pitting or redness of the skin of the breast; like the skin of an orange. Sometimes thickening of a part of tissues of the breast.
- A rash around (or on) one of the nipples
- Discharge from nipples, sometimes the discharge might be blood
- The nipple changes in appearance; it may become sunken or inverted, peeling of the skin.
- Change in the size and shape of the breast
- Known for its high antibiotic properties, garlic can contain the spread of cancerous cells.
- You can swallow 2-3 cloves of garlic on empty stomach in the morning
- Add more raw garlic to your diet in forms of salads
- Additionally, you can also mix 1 spoon of garlic paste with a spoon of honey. Consume this every day.
- Raw broccoli can be washed and blanched. Mix it with some apple cider vinegar, garlic and lemon juice and zest. Eat one bowl twice a day.
- Broccoli soup can be made, using the stem. Boil in a pressure cooker or steamer. The stem has crucial nutrients that fight free radicals.
Both raw and fresh forms of turmeric aid in fighting breast cancer.
- Take a thick 2-inch piece of fresh turmeric. Puree it and mix with 2 spoons of lemon juice. Have on empty stomach
- Puree a thick 2-inch piece of fresh turmeric with some beetroot, carrots and tomatoes. All ingredients are antioxidant rich.
- You can increase your intake of dry turmeric in foods to prevent breast cancer
- 1 cup of warm milk, mixed with a spoon of honey and turmeric can be taken too
A study by Endocrine Society’s Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism indicates tomatoes reduce risks of breast cancer as they contain Lycopene.
- Slice a tomato and have it with your meals. Add garlic to the salad for added benefits.
- You can also squeeze the juice of 2 tomatoes and drink everyday
For more home remedies info on breast cancer, check here.