top button
    Connect to us
      Facebook Login
      Site Registration Why to Join

Most popular tags
    diabetes home remedies pregnancy healthcare fertility infertility type 2 symptoms causes sugar levels food eyes sperm community doc conception type 1 yoga treatment dental care menstrual
Print Preview

Are infertility treatments covered under insurance in India?

0 votes
posted Apr 25, 2016 by Swaroop

Share this question
Facebook Share Button Twitter Share Button Google+ Share Button LinkedIn Share Button Multiple Social Share Button

3 Answers

+1 vote

The below table precisely explains the various conditions and treatments of infertility covered under Insurance in India

enter image description here

answer Apr 26, 2016 by Pallavi
0 votes

There are some insurance companies that thankfully provide couples with the benefit of insurance cover for fertility treatments. Among some of the upcoming options here include the Bharatiya Mahila Bank (BMB), which has associated itself with general insurance major, New India Assurance. The idea is to help couples who are unable to conceive through natural means and save on costs. In fact, it is currently offering this benefit to women customers across different categories of insurance, which includes treatment of infertility and maternity. 3 different kinds of schemes are being launched here and women can choose from the same.

History of IVF and Insurance

The trend of IVF or In Vitro Fertilization began booming during the millennial period when surrogacy was commercialized. From that time on, there has been a huge demand for IVF treatment. In comparison to other countries, India still had lower costs, with rates being as low as 1/3rd of foreign companies offering the same treatment. An IVF treatment in INR is 2,50,000 in the U.S. it comes to about $10,000 in the US.

Understanding this market, insurance companies like Bhartiya Mahila Bank (BMB) and New India Assurance jointly launched insurance for infertility treatment. This would be provided in spite of the financial status of an individual. It comes under the BMB Nirbhaya that offers coverage for infertility and maternity too. Sum Assured ranges from INR 1,00,000 to INR 5,00,000. The insurance cover includes IVF, maternity, health problems, hospitlalization, check ups at gynecologist, etc.

If you are considering on getting married, planning a baby or in general getting insurance coverage, opting for a comprehensive plan like the above makes sense. Doing so will not only provide you with IVF coverage, but reduce the trauma of added financial stress along with other hassles.

answer Apr 25, 2016 by Kiran
0 votes

I want to use this means to let the world know that all hope is not lost Getting pregnant after having  tubes clamped and burned, I know IVF and Reversal could help but it way too cost, i couldn't afford it either and i so desire to add another baby to my family been trying for 5 years, not until i came across Priest Babaka, who cast a pregnancy/Fertility spell for me and i got pregnant.l hope that women out there who are going through the same fears and worries l went through in GETTING PREGNANT , will find your contact as i drop it here on this site, and solution will come to them as they contact you. Thank you and God bless you to reach him email via: babaka.wolf@gmail.com or visit his website: priestbabakatemple.webs.com

answer Jul 30 by Rakia Lulu