top button
    Connect to us
      Facebook Login
      Site Registration Why to Join

Most popular tags
    diabetes home remedies pregnancy healthcare fertility infertility type 2 symptoms causes sugar levels food eyes sperm community doc conception type 1 yoga treatment dental care menstrual
Print Preview

The clinics now a days suggest ICSI over IVF. What is ICSI and how is it different from IVF?

0 votes
posted Mar 16, 2016 by anonymous

Share this question
Facebook Share Button Twitter Share Button Google+ Share Button LinkedIn Share Button Multiple Social Share Button

3 Answers

0 votes

enter image description here

ICSI stands for Intra Cytoplasmic Sperm Injection, which is a step followed in fertilization phase of In-vitro Fertilization method, when the man has sperm related infertility issues or the couple had repeated failed IVF treatments in past. It is also preferred by couples who would want to have a genetic screening done during IVF. In this process a single healthy and motile sperm is picked from the pool of the sample and inserted into the mature egg. This later develops into an embryo which is inserted back into the uterus.

Usually the sperm sample is collected in the laboratory after ejaculation, but if it is not possible to produce the same through it, various methods of sperm aspiration are implemented. They involve,

TESA – Testicular Sperm Aspiration, which involves inserting a needle into the testis to extract sperms, under the influence local anesthesia
PESA – Percutaneous Epididymal Sperm Aspiration, which involves inserting a needle into the epididymis to extract sperms, under the influence local anesthesia
TESE – Testicular Sperm Extraction, which involves taking biopsy of the testicular tissue which is supposed to have a sperm attached to it.

answer Mar 16, 2016 by Dr Alok
0 votes

ICSI and IVF are both highly effective treatment known for curing fertility issues. But though the process is rather similar and may overlap at times, there are some basic differences here. ICSI is the acronym for intracytoplasmic sperm injection. It means that the sperm is injected inside the egg. It is a simple and effective mode of fertilising eggs in the IVF lab, after the same has been taken from the female.

When combined together, IVF with ICSI makes use of specialized micromanipulation tools and equipment. Even inverted microscopes are used here, which help the embryologists for selecting or picking individual sperm with a state-of-the-art ICSI needle. The need is then taken through the outer shell of the membrane and egg and then inserted into cytoplasm or inner part.

As a result, normal fertilisation takes place. But the woman needs to have taken medications prior to this. Some use ICSI only for male infertility and some use it every time. Most IVF clinics opt for the middle path here. It works for people with sperm lower than 15-20 million per millilitre or poor motility issues. On the whole, these are the 3 main differences between the two-

• IVF means in-vitro fertilization and ICSI means Intra-cytoplasmic Sperm Injection.
  • In vitro fertilization may be recommended in cases where other standard modes of reproductive technology are not viable. But in the case of ICSI, it is specially suggested for cases where inexplicable fertility problems tend to be there including the reasons mentioned above.
  • In IVF the zygote results in minimal risks when it comes to carrying or posing a threat for genetic disorder. But with ICSI chances of chromosome disorder tend to be much higher

Hence, one would normally notice that many of the clinics tend to use both of these.

answer May 17, 2016 by Rachel
0 votes

I want to use this means to let the world know that all hope is not lost Getting pregnant after having  tubes clamped and burned, I know IVF and Reversal could help but it way too cost, i couldn't afford it either and i so desire to add another baby to my family been trying for 5 years, not until i came across Priest Babaka, who cast a pregnancy/Fertility spell for me and i got pregnant.l hope that women out there who are going through the same fears and worries l went through in GETTING PREGNANT , will find your contact as i drop it here on this site, and solution will come to them as they contact you. Thank you and God bless you to reach him email via: babaka.wolf@gmail.com or visit his website: priestbabakatemple.webs.com

answer Jul 30 by Rakia Lulu