Steps of Padmasana (Lotus Pose)
Sit on the floor and stretch your legs, your legs should be straight in front. Hold the right leg in both the hands, fold the legs slowly and place it on your left thigh. Ensure that your feet should touch your navel.
padmasana step 1
Same like earlier fold the left knee, and hold it with both hands and place it on the right thigh close to the other. At this point your both knees should touch the floor and the foot should face upwardly.
Your spinal cord should be straight at this point. If you feel some difficulty while sitting in the posture for a long time, you can change the legs and then sit on the same position.
padmasana step 2
Your spinal cord should be erect, your both hands should be together or put the palms facing upside on the knee joints and the thumb must touch your index finger and the other fingers should face the upward.
padmasana step 3
Breathing process should be slowly-slowly and deeply. ( Inhale and Exhale) and focus on your breathing. Do this asana for 2 to 3 minutes in the beginning stage, once you are used to it then increase the time by 15 to 30 minutes. Remember one most important thing don't bend our body or head while doing this Asana.
Benefits of Padmasana
- Padmasana is the highly preferred asanas by yoga practitioner in the beginning stage for increase the focus of mind and concentration. It helps in improving the concentration power and it will calms the brain also.
- This Asana helps to preserve vital fluids in the body and prevents abdominal disease* and female disorders connected with the reproductive organs.
- Doing this Asana gives your mind peace, solitude and longevity to the practitioner. It increases the hunger and helps to relax the body.
- It can also helps in the stretches the ankle and knees. This Asana is the base for all asanas and it strengthens the hip and knee joints of the female and can get painless peaceful mind.
- You can reduce the unwanted fat of hip and the thigh. This is the simplest and easiest asana which can practice by all the age group of men and women they can get benefits of yogasana.