top button
    Connect to us
      Facebook Login
      Site Registration Why to Join

Most popular tags
    yoga diabetes home remedies healthcare pregnancy meditation fertility food asanas type 2 infertility symptoms yoga for health sugar levels causes weight loss eyes sperm yoga poses benefits
Print Preview

I practice different styles of yoga for some time, what class should I join?

+1 vote
posted May 30 by Nithin Kumar

Share this question
Facebook Share Button Twitter Share Button Google+ Share Button LinkedIn Share Button Multiple Social Share Button

1 Answer

0 votes

No matter what experience you have in yoga, if you are new to the Iyengar tradition it is highly recommended to start with the beginner's lesson (level I). This class is specially designed to get you accustomed to the Iyengar method, introduces the work with props and focuses on Standing Asanas which are the foundation of practice. If the foundation is weak, the whole building can collapse. It is the same with our body. The standing asanas are strengthening and toning the leg muscles, which can then help to improve the alignment of the rest of the body, hold postures longer and prepare the body for more complex asanas. You can discuss with the teacher to decide when to move on to the next level.

answer May 31 by Syed Zubair