top button
    Connect to us
      Facebook Login
      Site Registration Why to Join

Most popular tags
    yoga diabetes home remedies healthcare pregnancy meditation fertility food asanas type 2 infertility symptoms yoga for health sugar levels causes weight loss eyes sperm yoga poses benefits
Print Preview

What are some helpful asanas for soothing sciatic nerve pain?

+1 vote
posted May 21 by M.s.prathiksha

Share this question
Facebook Share Button Twitter Share Button Google+ Share Button LinkedIn Share Button Multiple Social Share Button

1 Answer

0 votes

It is very important to decipher what the underlying cause of your sciatic pain is before attempting any asanas, especially if you are experiencing severe pain in your lower lumbar spine; however, from experience with piriformis syndrome (that resulted from going too deep into bakasana), I will share what I found very effective for healing quickly and regaining feeling in my legs and buttock within a few days.

Topical Treatments

First, using a topical treatment like magnesium lotion or Traumeel can be very helpful in reducing discomfort. Alternating between heat and cold packs can also be helpful for immediate relief.

Diet

Second, it may be helpful to supplement your diet with natural anti-inflammatories like curcumin (turmeric) and omega-3 fatty acids (salmon, chia or flax seeds).

Asana

Third, the following asanas, if practised very carefully, preferably under the supervision of a teacher that knows you well, can ease sciatic pain and discomfort.

Also, because these asanas are all hip openers, you may experience a deep emotional release as the hips soften and dispel built-up stress, negative energy and anxiety.

answer May 22 by N.chaithra