top button
    Connect to us
      Facebook Login
      Site Registration Why to Join

Most popular tags
    yoga diabetes healthcare home remedies pregnancy meditation fertility asanas food yoga for health yoga poses type 2 infertility benefits symptoms sugar levels causes weight loss eyes sperm
Print Preview

I'm really stiff, I don't think I'll be able to do all the things that those flexible people can do. What should I do?

+1 vote
posted May 14 by Y.chandralekha

Share this question
Facebook Share Button Twitter Share Button Google+ Share Button LinkedIn Share Button Multiple Social Share Button

1 Answer

0 votes

If you are stiff, you are not alone. So many years of our lives we are sitting at a desk, driving in a car, or standing on our feet all day long. The weight of gravity and the weight of our worries can cause a lot of tension and stiffness in our physical bodies. By practicing Yoga, we stretch, lengthen and sometimes go into positions that we never thought we could, in order to bring relief and strength to the short, tense muscles in the body. Thankfully, stiffness can be cured! Regularity and patience are absolutely necessary to stretch out tense and stiff muscles, but over time the body can really change and feel lighter, brighter and much more relaxed. Most of us don't start out flexible when we go to a Yoga class, and everyone has their strengths and weaknesses, so try not to compare your progress, your body, your postures or anything with anyone else in the class. You are practicing Yoga for you; it is your journey, your process, your body and your mind. The more introspective and patient you are with yourself and where you are with your Yoga practice today, the more beneficial the practice will become for you tomorrow. 

answer May 15 by Megana