Here is an example of an active meditation:
- Pick one word from the list below that describes an emotion you would like to feel more of Joy, Love, Happy, Peace, Calm, Hope.
- Close your eyes and visualize the word in your head.
- Pick a colour that goes with the word and visualizes the word in that colour.
- Fill the background with another colour.
- Now, with your eyes closed and writing in your head, write the word one letter at a time.
- As you are writing the word, say the letters quietly to yourself in your head.
- Write the coloured word on the coloured background over and over in your head while you say the letters quietly to yourself.
- Set a timer for 10 minutes and keep doing the exercise until the timer goes off.