Psoriasis is persistent of skin disorders. Psoriasis usually found on the scalp, elbows, knees, and palms. However, it can affect any part of the skin. Psoriasis is not contagious since it's not an infection. Basically, the underlying cells reach the surface of the skin and die, their bulk amount causes red plaques covered with white scales.
- Red skin plaques, often covered with silvery scales.
- Skin inflammation, itching are also signs of psoriasis.
- Fingernails or toenail disorders such as pitting of the nails and discolouration.
- You may also notice loose, scaly plaques on the scalp.
- You may have dry, cracked and bleeding skin surface.
- Skin itching or burning sensation is also common when you have psoriasis.
- Stiff and inflated joints.
- Immune system; Psoriasis is related to immune system problem with cells in your body. A white blood cell called T typically fights against viruses and bacteria. But, with psoriasis, it attacks the healthy skin by mistake and causes skin irritation.
- Skin injury, infections, sunburn, bug bite, all trigger psoriasis.
- Stress, smoking, and cold weather worsens psoriasis.
- Certain medications prescribed for high blood pressure, bipolar disorder contribute to psoriasis.
Home Remedies To Cure Psoriasis
- Oatmeal bath soothes the skin and reduces the itching by hydrating the skin layers.
- Add one cup of finely powdered oatmeal to bath tub filled with warm water. Soak in this tub for 15-20 minutes daily. Then get out of the tub, rise with lukewarm water, pat dry and apply some moisturizer.
- Ice pack relieves itching and irritation caused by psoriasis. It will also ease the pain by numbing the nerve endings.
- Wrap ice cubes in a clean cloth and place it on the affected area. Leave the pack for 8-10 minutes. Repeat this 4-5 times a day.
Apple Cider Vinegar
- Apple cider vinegar helps restore the natural pH balance of the skin. It prevents our skin from infections and reduces irritation and itching.
- Add one teaspoon of organic apple cider vinegar to a glass of water. Drink it twice daily.
- Alternatively, mix apple cider vinegar and lukewarm water in a ratio of 1:3. Soak a clean cloth in this mixture and compress it on affected area for one minute. Repeat several time a day.
- Garlic has anti-inflammatory ad antioxidant properties. Moreover, it is an antimicrobial agent and hence it prevents infection.
- Consume 2-3 crushed garlic cloves daily.
- Also, mix equal proportions of garlic oil and aloe vera gel and apply on the affected area. Leave it for 15 minutes and wash it off.