Heartburn is a sensation of burning in the chest caused by the stomach acid backing up into the food pipe. Usually you may feel burning in the upper and central part of the chest just behind sternum.
• Burning sensation in the throat or tasting sour, acidic, salty, or hot fluid at the back of the throat could be symptoms of heartburn.
• You may also feel difficult to swallow.
• You may experience a feeling of food being stuck in the throat.
• Shortness of breadth is also one of the symptoms of heartburn.
• Experiencing chest pain, usually after eating, lying down, or bending over.
• Most commonly, unhealthy eating habits causes heartburn.
• Smoking and alcohol consumption also cause heartburn as they affect your heart.
• Stress or being overweight also make you experience heartburn.
• Pregnancy also causes heartburn at some stage.
• There are number of medications and medical conditions such as Gastroesophageal reflux, Hiatal hernia, that make you feel heartburn.
• Eating shortly after bedtime is also not good if you want to avoid heartburn.
Home Remedies To Cure Heartburn
• Baking soda, also known as sodium bicarbonate, is a natural antacid that provides quick relief from heartburn.
• Mix half a teaspoon of baking soda in a glass of water. Stir and drink it 4-5 times a day.
• Aloe vera provides relief from stomach inflammation and helps soothe esophagus due to its healing and anti-inflammatory properties.
• Simply drink half a cup of cool or room temperature aloe vera juice about 20 minutes before your meals.
Apple Cider Vinegar
• Apple cider vinegar aids digestion and helps balance acid production in the stomach.
• Add 1-2 teaspoons of organic, unfiltered apple cider vinegar to a cup of warm water. Drink it 20-30 minutes before eating a meal. Do this on regular basis for a couple of months.
• Yellow mustard is helpful for acid reflux as it neutralizes stomach acid.
• Just eat a teaspoon of yellow mustard when acid reflux strikes or if you feel heartburn. If you feel mustard is too strong for you, just drink a glass of water, immediately after consuming mustard.
• Bananas contain natural antacids that can act as a buffer against acid reflux.
• Eat 1 to 2 bananas daily.
• Fennel has a amalgam called anethole, it helps to improve digestion and suppress stomach spasms.
• Just chew half a teaspoon of fennel seeds post your meals.
• You can also boil a teaspoon of fennel seeds in a cup of water for 10 mins and drink it after straining.