Female sterility is a condition of being an infertile woman. The state of being unable to reproduce may result from congenital defects in the reproductive system, such as fallopian tube blockage, problems with ovaries, uterus, cervix, or vagina.
- The main symptom of female sterility is not being able to get pregnant after years of trying.
- Abnormal bleeding during periods; heavier or lighter bleeding may also be a sign of female sterility.
- Irregular cycles or variations in leuteal phase is an indicator that you're not ovulating.
- No periods or painful periods with back pain, pelvic pain and cramping also indicate problem with ovaries or uterus.
- You may also notice some additional symptoms such as skin changes, acne, hair growth on face, weight gain. All these are due to hormone imbalance.
- In addition to these, external factors such as stress and excess weight may also reduce the chances of getting pregnant.
- Ovarian defects or diseases such as PCOS(Polycystic Ovary Syndrome) may cause non ovulatory cycles and female sterility. Another ovarian factor, Endometriosis can affect the quality of the oocyte.
- Menopause (premature or not) is also a reason for female sterility as age shows the chances of pregnancy.
- Damaged or blocked fallopian tubes also prevent pregnancy.
- Hostile cervical environment is another reason for female sterility as it may kill sperms before meeting the egg.
- Uterine factors can contribute to the inability to get pregnant. Uterine fibroid can lead to malformation of endometrial cavity making it difficult for implantation.
Home Remedies To Cure Female Fertility
- It is an Indian ginseng. It is effective for maintaining hormonal balance and promoting healthy reproductive organs.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of ashwagandha powder in a glass of warm water. Drink 2 glasses daily.
- Pomegranate boosts fertility by increasing the blood flow to the uterus. It thickens the uterine and reduces the chances of early miscarriage.
- Add ½ teaspoon mixture of finely powdered pomegranate seed and bark to a glass of warm water. Drink twice a week.
- Cinnamon is effective in fighting female sterility as it can help with proper ovarian functioning (helps treating PCOS).
- Add one teaspoon of cinnamon powder to a glass of water and drink once daily.
- You can also add cinnamon powder to your daily diet by sprinkling some on yogurt or cereal.
- If infertility is due to hormonal imbalance, then chaste-berry is an effective remedy.
- Add one teaspoon of fresh or dried vitex to one cup of boiling water and cover it for 10 minutes. Strain and drink it daily once.